Sunday 15 January 2012

First battle report: the armies

I will be posting the battle report real time as the battle progresses. There will even be a half-time break for lunch!

Firstly, the armies.

(I) indicates inferior troops, (A) average troops and (S) superior troops.
Any additional attributes are marked {like such}.

The Goblin Army

All units have {Night Craft} and {Wasteland Craft}


Goblins - Swords (I) - 4 units @ 3 points each - 12 points
Archers - Shooters (I) - 2 units @ 3 points each - 6 points
Slingers - Skirmishers (I) - 2 units @ 1 point each - 2 points
Lizard Riders - Cavalry (I) {Fast} - 2 units @ 4 points each - 8 points
Ostrich Riders - Mounted Archers (I) - 2 units @ 3 points each - 6 points
Wolf Riders - Cavalry (S) - 2 units @ 5 points each - 10 points
Drummers - Musician (A) - 2 units @ 3 points each - 6 points
Shaman - Cleric (S) - 1 unit @ 7 points
Giant Spider -  Monster (I) {Web} - 1 unit @ 8 points
Hobgoblins - Warband (A) - 1 unit @ 4 points
Clan Chief - Hero (A) Commander (I) - 1 unit @ 11 points

No stratagems.

Total 80 points


The Dwarf Army

All units have {Night Craft}, {Mountain Craft} and {Magic Resistance}

Warriors - Swords (S) - 4 units @ 5.5 points each - 22 points
Warriors - Spears (S) - 4 units @ 5.5 points each - 22 points
Crossbowmen - Shooters (A) - 2 units @ 4.5 points each - 9 points
Cattle Riders - Knights (I) - 1 unit @ 4.5 points
King - Hero (A) Commander (A) - 1 unit @ 16.5 points
RuneMaster - Cleric (I) {Rune Lore} - 1 unit @ 5.5 points

Stratagem: Reserves.

Total 79.5 points


Which army shall I control? Coin toss time - heads for Dwarves, tails for Goblins.

And it comes up...tails.

The reputation of the Dwarf general is...(rolls d6)...cautious.




2 comments:

  1. A coin toss...half-time...now I want to go tailgating!

    Go Goblins! (I always cheer for the team riding ostriches.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Goblin commander thanks you for your support. At least that's what I think he said. It sounded like "Saar-Tehn-Ahddsa".

    ReplyDelete